CSWIP 3.2 – Senior Welding Inspector
CSWIP 3.2 or Senior Welding Inspector exam from TWI -U.K. has become a very important certification for Welding Inspectors in recent times due to the increasing quality requirements and the need for Senior level inspectors especially in Client and Third Party Companies. This certification gives an added advantage to inspectors making them recognized for higher level competency and increase in employability.
Please call us to know the next CSWIP 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector course and Exam Dates.
CSWIP 3.2.1 (without RTFI): Rs. 1,33,000/-
CSWIP 3.2.2 (with RTFI): Rs. 1,42,000/-
Preparatory Training Fee: Rs. 30,000/-
Training Duration: 15 Days
Seminar & Exam: 4 Days Seminar & 1 Day Exam (by TWI)
Qualification Required : CSWIP 3.1
Preparatory Training for CSWIP 3.2.1 or CSWIP 3.2.2 (with RTFI) helps in understanding the subject in depth leading to proper preparation of the exam. All the modules are covered in the preparatory training as per the required syllabus and training also includes exams to help the participants understand their strengths and weaknesses about the subject.
TWI – CSWIP 3.2 SEMINAR
The participants appearing for CSWIP 3.2.1 or CSWIP 3.2.2 (with RTFI)exam are required to attend a 4 day seminar conducted by TWI in a star hotel where a trainer from TWI will train the participants as per the syllabus of CSWIP 3.2.1 or CSWIP 3.2.2 (with RTFI) Senior Welding Inspector Program.
CSWIP 3.2 – EXAM
After the completion of 4 days training, the participants have to appear for CSWIP 3.2.1 or CSWIP 3.2.2 (with RTFI) exam on the 5th day.
- 1. General Welding Theory, Product Technology and NDT, 30 multiple choice questions, time allowed 45 minutes.
- 2. Scrutinise and comment on four inspection related documents, 40 multiple choice questions, time allowed 75 minutes.
- 3.Scrutiny and interpretation of a fabrication drawing. 10 multiple choice questions, Time allowed 20 minutes.
- 4.TWI Specification, 60 multiple choice questions, time allowed 90 minutes.
CSWIP 3.2.2 = CSWIP 3.2.1 + RTFI Exam
RTFI Exam Pattern
Standard Radiographic Interpretation Option – Nature and properties of X and/or gamma radiation. Photographic aspects, fundamental aspects of radiographic quality, geometry of image formation, interpretation. 20 multi-choice questions. Time allow 30 minutes.
Radiographic interpretation– Certification is awarded in a number of combinations of metal groups:
Group A: Ferritic steels including clad steels: manual metal-arc, MIG, TIG and mechanised fusion welding, oxy-acetylene welding – mandatory.
Group B: Austenitic steels and high nickel alloys (excluding Monel): manual metal arc, MIG, TIG and mechanised fusion welding. Titanium alloys: inert gas welding – optional.
Group C: Aluminium and its alloys: MIG and TIG welding. Magnesium and its alloys: TIG welding – optional.
Group D: Copper and its alloys and Monel: manual metal-arc, MIG and TIG welding – optional.
In each case six radiographs must be interpreted for Group A plus three radiographs each of any additional groups. Time allowed is fifteen minutes per radiograph.
Candidates are also Required to Conduct 5 Density Readings and answer 5 Sensitometry Questions.
Passmark for all parts is 70%
- Supervision of welding inspectors and record keeping.
- Supervisory techniques and the duties of a supervisor including comprehensive record keeping.
Certification of Compliance
- Requirements of Typical Contracts, Codes and Specifications.
Factors affecting the detectability of weld defects by the various NDT methods. A detailed knowledge of verification of NDT results and reports for conventional volumetric and surface methods.
- The understanding and interpretation of weld drawings.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Procedures and their Implementation.