ISO 22301:2012 Business Continuity Management System
ISO 22301 is the Business Continuity Management System standard. Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) has been developed to protect companies from the risks associated with downtime which can occur due to unexpected disruptions or disasters. Disruptions to your business can result in revenue loss, data risk breakdowns and failure to deliver normal client services as per service level agreements (SLAs). ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management Systems certification guides a company on how best to plan for such eventualities.
The ISO 22301 BCM standard is designed to ensure that a robust business continuity management system has been established, and that internal staff members are fully aware of their role within the system should an incident occur.
ISO 22301 is best suited to organisations that do not have the luxury of managing downtime without disruption. IT companies, for example, cannot afford outages as this could mean the difference in clients moving to competitors that seem more reliable. As markets grow more competitive implementing systems like ISO 22301 can mean the difference in retaining and growing your client base. In recent year’s we have seen other industries such as construction and the public sector implement the standard.
If your organisation needs to ensure clients, staff, and stakeholders that you have a plan in place to manage disruptions that minimize downtime, then ISO 22301 certification is the perfect option. Implementing a strong BCMS will aid your organisation in quickly recovering from a disaster or disruption. The BCMS can also safeguard an organisation against the reputational damage which can occur from missed deadlines, data leakages, operational, IT outages, industrial actions, disappointed clients or direct financial losses due to the disruption.
– Maximizes quality and efficiency
– provides a framework based on international best practice around the ‘Plan, Do, Check, Act’ concept.
– Flexibility during disruptions
– Competitive advantage: Ensure client confidence through certification to ISO 22301, while gaining new opportunity and winning new business.
– Organisational improvement
– Continuous internal improvement via audits
– Legal and regulatory compliance
– Cost savings
– Maintain optimum client delivery levels
– Strengthen your internal management
– Reputational Management
Who should attend Trainings on this ISO MSS?
Top management of the company
– Anyone with responsibility for managing Business continuity, risk and information security,
– IT and operations managers or consultants
– Internal and external management system auditors and lead auditors who are new to leading a BCMS audit
– People interested in how an independent BCMS audit works